So I’ve been working on the milling machine, to fabricate the new bracket that will hold the dash as well as headlight on my XT225.
I have to say, it’s a fun experience, and I’m trying to figure out how to utilize the rotary table to make a pocket cut where the ignition goes.
As I continue to make cuts, and shape the piece, I continue to come up with idea’s, and placements, and how I’m exactly doing what I’m doing. I’m pretty much making this without anything drawn up. I tried to draw something up, but I could not just end up imagining it properly in my head, so I’m just going to wing it.
After the Dash is nearly completed, I will have to shift my focus to the wiring, as I will be installing a new fuse block, and a couple relays to control some accessories. Mainly for the moment, things will be put in place for future expansion, but I am going to add a 12 volt outlet, as well as install heated grips.
Once those two things are completed, she will have no reason not to be started up for the first time. A moment I’ve been waiting for for over a year now.
But there is still much to do. I still need to prep and paint the plastics, build the rear rack, figure out what I’m going to do for the kickstand (still unsure about the whole spring mechanism. I may just have to bite the bullet, and weld a new nub in place, then repaint over the area.).
I also have another set of tires coming to stud. I figured I’d stud a set of tires, so I can ride the thing year round. I also, depending on if I get all of my gear in time, would like to try and make Snow Camp in January. We’ll see!
So that’s it for my little update.